Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cliche to Love

·         I don't have to pretend when I am around you
You don't have to be in a disguise...
standing out is what you're meant to do...
Why change yourself or who you are inside?
We were meant to break these molds
Why try to fit within the lines?
I happen to love the thunder before the storm,
the roses with the thorns,
and the rainbow that you know will always emerge.
I didn't know what I would find
and every time I close my eyes, it’s your face I see in the dark.
I didn't win the battle but hopefully I'll win the war,
have you figured it out yet...it's your heart I'm fighting for.
Afraid of rejection, and scared to open that door,
but if I lose, at least I never gave up and tried
this settle the score.
It's not a game that I like to play, and have been hurt before,
but in reality the ups and downs make us who we are

No comments:

Post a Comment